Sunday, November 18, 2012

Panel lining Gundam Plastic Model Kit

I have collected a couple of Gundam plastic model kits.
Not HG, MG nor the new RG
I personally love SD (super-deformed) very much
their head is comparatively bigger and more detailed than any other grade
and they are just so cute man

Once finish building a gundam model kit
have you ever felt that there is something not right with your model
Like lacking of something
It doesn't come out quite alike what I expected from the image in the packaging
And felt like being cheated or buying a defective product

I am still a rookie in Gunpla
And soon I realized that building a nice looking Gundam model kit is not simply joining and assembling all the plastic parts in the runners
There are more, like painting, panel lining and coating

This time I wanna share a most effective way to make the model much alike the image in the packaging

Just do panel lining

I first show some picture of  before and after panel lining of  my Zero Gundam

It is nice but it is so plain before panel lining

After some panel lining, the whole model looks more detailed and lively now

A closer look at the difference before and after panel lining
May be my skill is not too good, but it looks shockingly good to me since it was the first time to do panel lining

If you google panel lining Gundam model kits, you will find that there are many ways to do it
But I think for a beginner like me
It is advisable to use the Gundam Marker
It is just as easy as drawing line on a plastic surface
And remember to get yourself a piece of fine rubber eraser
to rub off the ink in case if you made some mistake
I bet you will make lots of mistakes

This is the Gundam maker that I use

Lastly I wanna say that panel lining is not an easy job too
To make a perfect job it needs lots of patience too
but the result really pays off

I can't wait to panel line all my model kits
But after the Zero Gundam, I have an unbearable sore neck now


Astray Red

No comments:

Post a Comment